Are my Mushrooms dying?

T

toungetwster

You really are still in your cycle; from your post of amonia and trates. Average cycle is 30 days give or take. I've seen some go for 40 or more some as little as 3 weeks. Testing is the only way to know for sure! Sorry to say if you have a flower pot, it too will die. Shrooms need moderate to low flow, low to med. light. Prefer lower in the tank and not direct light. I would suggest that you find someone to hold your coral for you until you make sure your tank is fully through the cycle. If you tested and everything was fine, then added livestock to quickly you could have started a re-cycle, simply by not allowing the the tank time to catch up to the bioload. Just my opinion.

alyssia

Originally Posted by toungetwster
You really are still in your cycle; from your post of amonia and trates. Average cycle is 30 days give or take. I've seen some go for 40 or more some as little as 3 weeks. Testing is the only way to know for sure! Sorry to say if you have a flower pot, it too will die. Shrooms need moderate to low flow, low to med. light. Prefer lower in the tank and not direct light. I would suggest that you find someone to hold your coral for you until you make sure your tank is fully through the cycle. If you tested and everything was fine, then added livestock to quickly you could have started a re-cycle, simply by not allowing the the tank time to catch up to the bioload. Just my opinion.

Exactly