Are my water tests in check?

pondboy

I have a 150 gal .up and running for about 95 days . my question is do my water test look ok? temp 80
ph 84
sg 1.022
nitrate 20
nitrite 0.5
ammonia 0.25
phoss 0.4 calcium 350
i do 35gal water changes every other week! fish i have , a pair of marron clowns,sizzar goby ,clown goby,dragon goby, orangespot goby, cleaner wrasse,sailfin blenny, 30 snails . 10 crabs, few shrimp. one large bubble coral, green torch coral, and three long tip anemone. I know that i added to much to soon
Every thing looks healthy . and happy using ro water . I know that my calcium is low . should i use a calcium supplement? what all my other levals? thanks jeff

sepulatian

Well, you did go WAY too fast. Your tank is not mature enough to handle the bioload that is in there. Also, the cleaner wrassie is likely to die. They do not eat anything but parasites so I would take him back ASAP. If any of these things are new that you could take back I would highly recomend it as well. You can always get them again later. I suggest alot of water changes to keep those levels in check. Your salinity is also very low. You want it up around 1.025-1.026 for inverts. Raise it slowly (when you do your water changes)

pondboy

forgot to add i have about 180lbs of three year old live rock . a good skimmer big sump and am using a canster filter also . t5 lights

sepulatian

Originally Posted by pondboy
forgot to add i have about 180lbs of three year old live rock . a good skimmer big sump and am using a canster filter also . t5 lights
That makes a big difference. You did add too much at once, however the good news is that your rock should take care of it fairly quickly. I would still do some waterchanges to get those numbers back to zero asap

el bob

wow the rock makes a huge difference, but dont go that fast in the future, its for your own good, thank god u have all of that rock!!!!!!!

1journeyman

Originally Posted by El Bob
wow the rock makes a huge difference, but dont go that fast in the future, its for your own good, thank god u have all of that rock!!!!!!!
The rock is not helping if you are having ammonia and nitrite testing positive.
Water changes to reduce both to 0 are needed.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by pondboy
I have a 150 gal .up and running for about 95 days . my question is do my water test look ok? temp 80
ph 84
sg 1.022
nitrate 20
nitrite 0.5
ammonia 0.25
phoss 0.4 calcium 350
i do 35gal water changes every other week! fish i have , a pair of marron clowns,sizzar goby ,clown goby,dragon goby, orangespot goby, cleaner wrasse,sailfin blenny, 30 snails . 10 crabs, few shrimp. one large bubble coral, green torch coral, and three long tip anemone. I know that i added to much to soon
Every thing looks healthy . and happy using ro water . I know that my calcium is low . should i use a calcium supplement? what all my other levals? thanks jeff
Yes, slowly bump up calc. but also check magnesium and Alk.