Are these copepods? Sooooo weird!

albionpo

I have only one little piece of LR in my tank and all of the sudden I've got these little white/transparent tentacle or maybe antennae looking things coming out of the rock...LOTS of them and I can't find any pics of copepods anywhere so I don't know what to look for but all I can see so far is the tentacle/antennae stuff ( looks like two at a time poking out, then slipping back inside the rock...soooooooooo weird to watch!! I know they're alive cuz I've been watching for hours now. Could it be just some kind of worms? I don't see any bodies yet. I'm still waiting for my books in the mail so if anyone has a clue, maybe you could pass it on :) :confused: :) :confused: PLEASE? BTW: The antennae are very long...I've seen a few that looked about 1-2 inches!!
:eek: :eek: I've seen two little crabs since the LR went in, too :D :D Pretty cool. Anyway, hope these things are good for the tank and not gonna be problems... Thanks for any help you can give...
[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Albionpo ]

albionpo

Well, I guess I stumped you all with this question but I did a search on this site and read a lot of threads about these things. They seem to be tube or spaghetti worms, they reach their tentacles out...sometimes 2 inches or more, feel around and slip back inside their holes ( sometimes carrying little bits of stuff ) They are transparant to milky white in color and seem to come out in pairs of two a lot. Anyway, if anyone else has something like this, it seems to be spaghetti worms and I guess they're good? for your tank!! :) :) Whew...case solved...thanks anyway :cool:

denisec

glad you got your answer.. there hasn't been as many people hanging around the board today will all the events of the day..

ogitrev

Could be small feather dusters too. When I got my LR, I had a ton of them! They're starting to get bigger now too. They're just one of the surprise creatures you get when your get LR. Keep watching and you'll probably find many more critters. :)
- Og

moksha

I've noticed something like that in my tank, but after further review, I found they are tiny starfish, they live in my live sand. I now have several hundred living in the sand, they are pretty cool, I just don't know how big they are gonna get.