I am going to buy a 55 gallon reef tank and i plan on putting
A pair of wild percual clown
a royal gramma
a blenny dont know which one yet
brain coral
bubble coral
frog spawn coral
bubble tip anemone
My question is is this a good for starting tank and i know i have to wait for the tank to cycle and be running for awhile untill i put the coral and anemone.
O and would i be able to get a pair of Black & White Percula - Aquacultured or would they fight with the other clown fish

autofreak44

Originally Posted by kiki05
I am going to buy a 55 gallon reef tank and i plan on putting
A pair of wild percual clown
a royal gramma
a blenny dont know which one yet
brain coral
bubble coral
frog spawn coral
bubble tip anemone
My question is is this a good for starting tank and i know i have to wait for the tank to cycle and be running for awhile untill i put the coral and anemone.
O and would i be able to get a pair of Black & White Percula - Aquacultured or would they fight with the other clown fish
The list looks good. first off, i know you already know but wait at min 3 months before you try throwing some big bucks down for coral. also your gonna need some strong lighting for the anemone. as for the clowns, dont mix species, just play it safe. any more ?'s

kiki05

Yea i figured i would have to buy a strong light and spend a whole lot more if i did a reef tank and around how much pounds of LR would i have to put in it or would it matter because i dont want alot of LR I just want what is necessary and i also dont want it touchin the sides or the back of the tank

B

brstwv

As for the live rock your looking at min. 1 to 2 pounds a gallon.