Are these fish compatible?

legoalie31

I have an 80 gallon fish tank and I have had it for about 4 months. When it stopped cycling I got a damsel( i will probably regret) and 5 hermit crabs and a few snails. After a while I put in the urchins from my cube into it. After a while for that I put my lionfish (5") into that tank(my favorite fish)even though I found out later they need to be in a wel established tank. I also added a panther grouper. I am now about to add a snowflake eel, a koran angel, a sand sifting cuke, 10 snails, and a flame scallop. (buying on SWF). Will these be fine together? And am I adding fish too fast? or am I doing everthing at an okay pace?

nicetry

I would not put a Koran angel in this tank. It will grow much too large. The grouper is going to be quite cramped too in a short time. Both of these fish need tanks in the 180 gallon range. The eel will be fine. What species of lion is it?
I would advise slowing way down. You're adding a lot of potentially large fish in a relatively new system.

rbaldino

Panther groupers can get close to 2 feet, and need a really big tank. That lion's going to get big, too, and the problem with big fish is the big bio-load that comes with them. I think you need to get rid of the grouped and rethink what other fish you want to keep.

sharkboy13

get rid of the angel, lion, and grouper and maybe get a hamlet, and fuzzy dwarf lion somewhere in the future, but let ur system cool

legoalie31

well i was thinking that I could let them stay in the tank until they outgrow it. I don't want to part with my lion, and my dad doen't want to part with his grouper. keep in mind, I only will have 4 fish in the tank, so they have exta room. how long can I keep them? the lion's body w/o fins is around 4-5 in and the grouper is around 3 inches with fins. The angel should be about 3-4 in long and my damsel in about 2-3 in with fins

rara12

No i dont think it is.
But i would stay with smaller fish for your tank, maybe a dwarf angel down the road or a type of basslet. Maybe even a medium sized wrasse. The grouper will get large but should be fine for a while. Keep in mind you may want to upgrade in the future to atleast a 125g, and even then with an upgrade being planned. Then you could potentially start looking at some of the large angels. As for the flame scallop i would advise against it. They love to wedge themselfs under rocks or in the back where you never see it. Not to mention they do horribly in captivity.
Seeing as you already have a lion and a grouper i would only get fish that dont add alot to the bioload. A Lantern bass would be a good choice, as would the harlequin or a tabaco. Another good fish would be a toby puffer. Keep in mind that the fish are messy and you will need to do water changes more often.

lesleybird

Originally Posted by Legoalie31
is the rule for salt also one inch of fish per gallon b/c i know it is 4 fresh
No, more like one inch of fish per 3 to 4 gallons in fish only tanks and one inch per 6 gallons in a mixed reef tank.

petjunkie

Lionfish and groupers are two fish that grow extremely fast, they will outgrow that tank within six months to a year and until them you are just cramping their growth. I would find new homes for the fish you have and look into fish that can live in a 80 gallon for life, putting any small fish in there now would be a really bad idea as both your current fish eat anything that fits in their mouth. Large angels all grow too big for an 80 but dwarf angels would be fine as would a smaller species of lionfish such as the zebra or dwarf.