are these healthy?

ca161406

i know very little about these guys. so far i think they are doing good, except there's a few polyps that wont open. is that bad?

does it look healthy overall?

bama man

Yep those look good IMO. I have several zoas and rics in my 72g bowfront. I have had them for around 2 months or so. Mine are starting to grow and spread some. Different ones like different flow and lighting so you may have to look at placement in your tank. A few of mine also have some polyps that are small and haven't opened yet. I think if you will just give them time they will open, especially if the other polyps on the frag are opening. I really like the zoos, they are cool. Good luck with yours.

joebob7

I agree with Bama, those look great!
I dont think you need to do anything different.
for the few that won't open you might try placing them where more light hits them but they may just open on their own in time.

ca161406

ok cool thanks a lot.. they have opened more and colors are richer too.
as for the two floppy unopened polyps, they look the same. is there anything i should do to them? they all have equal lighting.
yeah every time i use imageshack i get that stupid link under my pics if i dont go an delete the html txt
wow and i just realized in the pic my background looks blue hahaha its actually black

id just leave the two that are unopened. You can try dipping the coral in an iodine solution but they look healthy to me, just keep an eye out for any pests on the closed ones.

ca161406

when i acclimated it to the tank i followed the melifix dip instructions and tons of critters ran off of it. i just got some radioactives and another kind i dont know what is(came on same rock) and theyre doing great so far.