Are these nass. snails?

karajay

I saw some pics of snails identified as nassarius that didn't look quite like mine. These are mine. Whadda ya think?

overanalyzer

looks like it may be one - I am horrible with pictures - but to find out watch and see if it buries itself inyour sand bed. That or put a piece of shrimp right buy it and see if it goes for it ... not all that scientific but Nass. snails love to bury themselves in the sand and will hop on anything dead!

fishman88

ypu they look exactly like the ones i have... i love them but i only see them at night and when i feed my tank but they do a good job keeping my sand cleen
mike :happyfish

clarkiiboi

Karajay---I almost posted in that thread you are talking about. Mine aren't nothing like yours or theirs :rolleyes: grrr. I ordered them from here and there's no snout! Definately confused now! At least they aren't doing any damage---lazy---must be nocturnal, and that is iffy. :confused:

timsedwards

I only have two nassarius that survived my substrate change! Im ordering 25 more from a friend in the US who will ship (also getting 20 scarlets, 25 turbos etc), they are a great and entertaining addition to the tank.
Tim.