Are these Pods?

aegiale

I have these little white things all over the back wall of my reef tank and have no clue what they are... anyone know? They don't look like 'bugs', they don't seem to move. Are they good or bad? Thanks.

aegiale

Okay, well then they're not pods. I can't figure out what they are. They're quite visible to the

[hr]
eye. Some are as large as almost 1 cm long. They look slightly round towards the base and then it almost look as if they have a little feather duster tip, but they're too small to tell.

blackhavoc

Looks like brine shrimp to me, but they move around alot as well. I'm sure one of hte MOD's have seen em before.

aegiale

Yeah, they're definitely not brine. They do sway a little in the current, so they're not too hard, but they're stationary.

aegiale

Well I would assume they're alive because they've attached themselves to the back of my tank. But I don't know what they are, so I'm not postive?

jlem

It could either be Vase anename's or a bunch of really small snails that have white pointy shells.

aegiale

No, my tank is not cycling.
Wouldn't snails move around? I really don't think they're snails. I'm going to look up vase anemones.

nm reef

I'd say either some type of sponge or possibly a stationary type of snail that will form a base and extend string like structures searching for food...could possibly be either.:thinking:

nyreefer

They are definatley Qtip sponges. They seem to come and go in my tank. You can scrap them off if you do not like them, but they are harmless filter feeders.