Are these T5?

mkzimms

how long have you had them? i would go back and say something because thats not right that they did that to you. and if you have the receipt i would have them make it right.

perfectdark

Playing the devils advocate here, measure the diameter of one bulb. If it measures 5/8" then technically they are not false advertising. Albeit it is a very shady way of eluding to something that isnt. T5 is merely the diameter of the bulb thats it, std NO flourescent tube 5/8" in dia and then they stated dual. In reality if they do measure 5/8's then they described exactly what you have...
If the bulbs do not measure 5/8's or the invoice said HO T5's well then I would definately raise a stink.

stanlalee

you can play devils advocate and samantics but those are standardized panasonic 4 pin compact flourescent connectors that T5 bulbs wont connect to. T5's are double ended, power compact are single ended. there is no such thing as "T5 dual" and the actual bulbs in the fixture are sold as none other than power combact lamps. he got lied to plain and simple as the seller clearly was aware of the popularity of T5 and disfavor of pc. he bought these from a pet store who orders products and knows god damn well what they are.
one needs to be a little more proactive in knowing what they are buying before they buy it though. a simple look at the single ended connectors or the 36 wattage lets you know right away they arent T5HO (not even normal output T5's come in 36w).

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
http:///forum/post/2729738
you can play devils advocate and samantics all you want but those are standardized 4 pin compact flourescent connectors that T5 bulbs wont connect to. there is no such thing as "T5 dual" and the actual bulbs in the fixture are sold as none other than power combact lamps. T5's are double ended, power compact are single ended. he got lied to plain and simple as the seller clearly was aware of the popularity of T5 and disfavor of pc. he bought these from a pet store who orders products and knows god damn well what they are.
one needs to be a little more proactive in knowing what they are buying before they buy it though. a simple look at the single ended connectors or the 36 wattage lets you know right away they arent T5HO.
Hey Im on the OP's side Im just sayin, the seller obviously tried something very shady by using wording that is unfamilar to a new hobbiest, and they would not think of questioning this, it apparently worked. However it doesnt matter as to what the contour of the bulb is, It was written simply, "T5" technically, any fluorescent tube should be referred to by the letter T followed by a number, no matter how it connected to the ballast. If this is indeed the actual diameter of one of those bulbs then what was written is not a lie. Dual meaning 2 of them, no where did it state the connection type which now would separate the 2 different types definitively. Again I am not on the LFS side I am only defining how much of a loser they were by doing this. And what their argument could be.

pulse

I've had the lights for 2+ years and the salesperson left that shop a long time ago. I just wanted to make sure as I consider corals and light upgrades.
I am still worried about heat though, since I don't have a chiller and these things keep it warm already.