Are they no longer friends...tear...

wade163

Hello all, I have a quick question about my fish. I have 2 clowns, 3 green chromises, a raccoon butterfly, and just put in on Friday a yellow tang, all in a 75 gallon. The question I have is about my green chromises. Since I put my raccoon butterfly in about 2 to 3 months ago, they have become bottom dwellers. They come out to eat, and they stay in the same spot every day, and are never together. They used to hang out at the top, and just swim around, and chill together and be friends. Now, one is in the back corner swimming around in the same area, the other is in the middle, and the other one just chills in his area. They come out to eat, there are no spots on them, before I put my yellow tang in on Friday, I redid my rock work (thinking that everyone had their spot staked out…and I had to break that territory thing so they could all play fair)…and they are STILL at the bottom. Anyone have thoughts on this???..thanks

wade163

NEVER heard that one before...i always see them schooling, and never alone...hummm any other thoughts??

renogaw

there's a huge discussion elsewhere about how many chromis people start with and end with. the results are completely un-chartable... people don't know why some keep the school and some just end up with 1 chromis, but from what i remember it was about 50% chance either way.

pete159

Since its a 75g i would add 3 more chromis so you have 6. i think after that they should all school together again.

wade163

ok..i will wait about 40 days or so...till the yellow tang gets settled it...but do you think that will be tooo many fish