are we allowed to post youtube vids?

jtrzerocool

i dont belive that you are allowed to because the mods have to watch the entire thing to ensure that the content is ok...

renogaw

i think people have done it in the past.
now were i a mod i could say yes or no :p
well, actually, to contradict myself...
i've posted youtube movies of mantis and pistol shrimp, so as long as you don't put any p or n in it i'd bet you'd be fine.

bjoe23

I heard a mod say no because thye dont have the time to watch all the videos to see if they are ok and safe. But they havent really deleted anybody who did so...... i dont no

alix2.0

i think we are because any youtube.blahblahblah link we posted used to get dashed out but now theyre fine.

t316

Originally Posted by daayda3
well, i guess ill just pass to be safe
its was just a vid of my tank pics

Put the video up here already why don't you....if it's just your tank, don't worry. If it's some XXX video, or ad for a swf competitor, then maybe worry. Let's see it

renogaw

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
Go read the Aquarium Topics post at the top of the list. 1journeyman addresses this.
and he says it's ok as long as there isn't any bad stuff in it.
daayda did it not let you post the link?

1journeyman

Originally Posted by renogaw
and he says it's ok as long as there isn't any bad stuff in it.
daayda did it not let you post the link?
No, actually I didn't.
I said youtube and other video links were subject to deletion because we don't have time to watch them.
Do some slide by? Ya. But we ask folks not to post videos. We have thousands of members. If even a 10th of them posted 5 minute videos we'd have full time jobs watching them.

well if we cant actually post the you tube videos up you can go there and search for "jawfish construction" there is a VERY cool video of a jawfish building a hole.

renogaw

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
No, actually I didn't.
I said youtube and other video links were subject to deletion because we don't have time to watch them.
Do some slide by? Ya. But we ask folks not to post videos. We have thousands of members. If even a 10th of them posted 5 minute videos we'd have full time jobs watching them.

my bad, was my interpretation sry

aquaknight

But youtube monitors their videos themselves and deletes the bad ones. I can understand a flat ban on personal host sites like photobucket or imageshack, but youtube insures it content. Unless SWF has a tighter policy then youtube?
EDIT: just realized, they wouldn't delete an ad for competitors, my apologies...

alix2.0

well SWF does have a tighter policy than youtube. ive seen links to videos be removed because of language in the video. its fine on youtube, but SWF cant risk having kids on this site seeing those videos. not good for business. also, there are a lot of videos on youtube that contain n-u-d-t-i-y, extreme violence, etc. that just havent been taken down yet.