Are you anal about water parameters?

wonderwit

If you're like me, you want to know exactly what your nitrite level is and know that test kits are not very accurate and are highly prone to error. I have a Hach DR/890 portable colorimeter for sale with manual, peripherals, and some reagents. Can test for more than 90 different chemicals including nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, oxygen, chlorine, iodine, fluoride, copper, iron, chloramine manganese, nickel...the list goes on and on. I have reagents to test for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphorus, dissolved oxygen, and iodine. Accurate to at least 0.1 ppm, some to 0.01 ppm. Total with everything would be more than $1300, but I will let it go for $750. If interested, email at JenLBrogan@hotmail.com.
:jumping:

sw65galma

Originally Posted by salty444
$750 would be borderline OCD
Not really, say you have a 200+gal tank and $15,000-$30,000 worth of live stock in it..
$750 is a drop in the bucket to have peace of mind for your water...
Even for little Reef tank owners can have $5,000 worth of coral easy, Some rare and not easily replaceable.

wonderwit

Originally Posted by sw65galma
Not really, say you have a 200+gal tank and $15,000-$30,000 worth of live stock in it..
$750 is a drop in the bucket to have peace of mind for your water...
Even for little Reef tank owners can have $5,000 worth of coral easy, Some rare and not easily replaceable.
SOOO true. I bought in originally because I was going to put in a 500 gal tank in my new house, but contractor says the floor wont hold it! For months, the test kits were telling me about 20 ppm for nitrates and 0 ppm for nitrites. Using the colorimeter (which is by far MUCH more accurate AND precise) discovered by nitrite levels were at 0.044 and nitrate at 0.2. Pretty big differences.