Are you homophobic?

linda2000

:happyfish I'm not, I have many gay friends, but i just wanted your views. No bashing, or flaming allowed and lets try to not get this one closed. :happyfish

ifirefight

Originally Posted by Linda2000
:happyfish I'm not, I have many gay friends, but i just wanted your views. No bashing, or flaming allowed and lets try to not get this one closed. :happyfish
This is your SECOND post on a saltwater fish forum???? Are you interested in fish or do you have a hidden agenda???

linda2000

thats a disappointment to hear sharkboy. its sad when people can keep a thread on politics going without being closed but one about this subject will almost certainly get "the lock". lets just try to keep things clean.

ifirefight

hidden agenda? what would you like to know about me?
Linda, I quess Im from the "dont ask dont tell" era.. Personally,I dont have a problem with that issue, I just thought it was ODD,that your second post on a SW fish board would be that question. But this is America after all.and this particular forum is the Aquarium....where almost anything goes. So ask away,and Welcome to the boards.

medguy80

I agree that this can be civil. Oh well, we will see how long it last. I was wondering this myself.
I have no problem admitting that I am. I have been with my partner for the past 3 years, wil be 4 in nov. We are looking at buying a house as soon as I am out of college. I graduate in may. My whole family loves him. My 78 year old grandpa talks to him like it is nothing. My grandma cooks him special foods since he is picky. It works well. We have even thought bout kids but until then we have dogs,cats and a hamster and soon to be fish as kids.
Thanks
Brock

pontius

it's really a silly question, honestly. it's akin to asking "are you a racist?". I mean, seriously, what racist is going to pubiclly admit to be racist? what homophobe is going to pubicly admit they're a homophobe?
but let's see, the term "homophobe", I take it means "fear of homosexuals". no I definitely have no fear of homosexuals. I don't dislike them either, generally. I know several gay people (mostly women) and have known gay men in the past too, and most of the ones I know are pretty good people. I even personally know one transexual. I was a little freaked out by him at first, but he's (or whatever you want to call him, he was a 'he' to begin with) is actually a pretty nice person (though he does have some mental problems, which is why I deal with him in the first place).
so no, I wouldn't consider myself to be homophobic. of course, if a man came up and tried to kiss me, I'd probably punch him in that face but I don't think the would be homophobic and I also don't think that scenario is likely to play out.

ifirefight

Originally Posted by Pontius
it's really a silly question, honestly. it's akin to asking "are you a racist?". I mean, seriously, what racist is going to pubiclly admit to be racist? what homophobe is going to pubicly admit they're a homophobe?
but let's see, the term "homophobe", I take it means "fear of homosexuals". no I definitely have no fear of homosexuals. I don't dislike them either, generally. I know several gay people (mostly women) and have known gay men in the past too, and most of the ones I know are pretty good people. I even personally know one transexual. I was a little freaked out by him at first, but he's (or whatever you want to call him, he was a 'he' to begin with) is actually a pretty nice person (though he does have some mental problems, which is why I deal with him in the first place).
so no, I wouldn't consider myself to be homophobic. of course, if a man came up and tried to kiss me, I'd probably punch him in that face but I don't think the would be homophobic and I also don't think that scenario is likely to play out.
It is a silly question....yet I feel I must addd more. Unfortunately,we are in a society that is scared to death to say or do anything that might be politically incorrect. God forbid I hurt somebodys feelings.... we have become so "hyper sensitive" that it is a joke. Everybody is walking around on eggshells trying not to offend one an other. You dont have to like me and I dont have to like you...we are all on this earth together..lets all try to tolerate eachother.

gregghia

Honestly this is rediculous. I look forward to reading the boards all week and as soon as I open it up a top three thread is "are you a homophobe?". I mean seriously originator you obviously need attention to a severe degree. I think the posts postive or negative are what you are looking for. So not to be rude but I get agenda pushed all week in my face with my corporate job, going out in public.. blah, blah, blah. It sucks that now we have to discuss this while trying to learn about how to keep my reef.
There is always someone out there. Can't we just leave the goofy or off topic posts up to those that do this more often then not. I mean its cool to have an off topic i.e. "Putting Faces to the Names", thats a good pertinant change of pace.
Can't you or those in general get attention on the appropriate sites. There has got to be at least 10,000 message boards for homosexuals, people getting divorced or whatever other junk I have seen on these boards. I mean its just old....
On a side note thanks to all those that have helped me.... with my fish tank.

linda2000

if you didn't have a problem with it, you wouldn't have made such a big deal and a long response. also, why do you flatter yourself into thinking some gay man would randomly come up to you on the street and try to kiss you? do you have women who do this to you? Not flaming, bashing, etc., just want to know your reasoning. I think the hatred most of the time comes from ignorance, or a lack of knowledge towards this.

linda2000

people listen. if this subject offends you, DON'T OPEN IT OR REPLY TO IT. yeesh. placing a bet this will get closed before tomorrow at this rate.

04mach

people listen. if this subject offends you, DON'T OPEN IT OR REPLY TO IT. yeesh. placing a bet this will get closed before tomorrow at this rate.
Look at your title to the thread. This has NO place on a saltwaterfish message board.

gregghia

People make a big deal with it because its not the time nor place... no one wants to see this on an AQUARIUM BOARD. Why is that so hard for lonely people or agenda pushers to understand.
Are you really going to change the world on this venue? The answer is no and since you know this you are looking for attention or an agenda.... so now I will stop irritating everyone else and stop replying so this post quickly drops off the boards.
Sorry MODS, I know I am a rookie but just rediculous.

linda2000

Its called the Aquarium. Do you think politics have a place here, or the war on Iraq? Democrat v. Republican? Why are you taking more offense towards this than other threads? Maybe it is best for you to stop posting if it's upsetting you that badly. This wasn't made to be an attention grabber, I just wanted to know if tolerance and aquarium keeping went hand in hand these days.
I see nothing posted thus far that would cause this thread to be closed, so lets keep it that way. If you're offended, or have something hateful to say, don't reply. Thanks

PS
Not Homophobic. I view it as sick and wrong
An oxymoron if I've ever seen one.

ifirefight

Awwww,that was a good rant REEF,you should have left it.... I see what your saying

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
self edit, does not belong on SWF

watson3

Originally Posted by Pontius
1.Racists..Yes
2.Homophobe..No (no one should be afraid of them)