arrow crabs in large reefs

• Thread starter namar the submariner
  • Start date
N

namar the submariner

Has anyone had any luck keeping arrow crabs in large (180 gal+) reefs? I would really like to and wonder if the size of the reef would make them less likely to destroy corals. Thank you.

I have had two arrow crabs now, both in a 35 gallon tank with corals and fish, they have NEVER attacked or killed anything. Some say this happens, but I havent seen it. They eat the leftovers as well as snack on fireworms in my tank.

N

namar the submariner

Do you have any feather duster worms in your aquariums? I would like to keep both feather dusters and arrow crabs if possible.

mlm

My tank is not as big but I will tell you anyway. I brought a couple of these home that I hand caught while scubadiving and they did not eat my corals but when I would stick a piece of krill in a open brain or bbble coral it would run over there and take it out. I got rid of them after a couple time of this.

lerch

I have one in a 55 gal and he doesn't mess with anything. When my yellow tang gets to close he will wave a arm at it to keep it away, but nothing else. I think he is a great scavenger, he eats anything laying on the bottom. He seems to do a lot better scavenging job than the hermit crabs.