art, art, art!

adairable

Originally Posted by MolaMola
I'm mostly a lurker, but I enjoy art a lot. Here are two pastel portraits of my grandpas, and an oil painting that I attempted to copy from a brilliant young prodigy guy that was featured in Southwest Art Magazine. I can't remember his name though
Whoever he is, he's great and I wish I were half as good. I haven't painted in a year because I got pregnant and had a baby and I didn't think he'd appreciate my inhaling cadmium and cobalt dust.
I like "Little Green Men" a lot, and "The Seventh Level of Hell." I never would have thought to combine prismacolor markers and pastel

The potrait in the left corner is amazing...it makes me giggle. It's something I would love to see everyday!
ps are the birds in your avatar yours?

molamola

The potrait in the left corner is amazing...it makes me giggle. It's something I would love to see everyday! ps are the birds in your avatar yours?
Thanks
My grandpa is a pretty animated guy. Those birds do live in our home, along with a Timneh African Grey, and a peachface lovebird. The lovebird was our first bird, and then we managed to adopt the rest over time.

ric maniac

wow! those are amazing! i just tried my hand at spray pain art today and il get a pic it when its done. i have to wait for the first coat to dry. its a space-ish thing but not quite sure where im gonna go with it.

waiting

Here's a work in progress... it's going to be a portrait of Criss Angel and his cat, or, at least resemble that... [[this picture sucks, sorry]]

I'll post the reference picture if anyone wants to see that.

waiting

The picture is coming along very well... I think it'll be finished within the next two days. ^_^
If anyone wants to see some of my other older stuff, check it out here >> www.acidspike.deviantart.com . Some of it's tattoo design, some of it's cartoon... lots of different stuff.

demartini

Originally Posted by Waiting
The picture is coming along very well... I think it'll be finished within the next two days. ^_^
If anyone wants to see some of my other older stuff, check it out here >> www.acidspike.deviantart.com . Some of it's tattoo design, some of it's cartoon... lots of different stuff.
you're pretty good! I love the portrait of jade... looks just like him!

hattrick58

Waiting: That's very good! At first I thought it was a young Ozzy, but then I realized if it was Ozzy, it would have been a bat instead of a cat.

wangotango

that looks just like chris. i actually watched him the other night when he got steam-rollered. very talented, but very crazy.
-Justin

appaloosa1

I took art for 2 years in HS and really enjoyed it. These are some paintings/drawings I did during that time and one or two from recent.
this one is from this year:

Chief Joseph:

Won $25 for this one:

This one's ok:

This one got in a local magazine:

My old horses eye:

This one is still in progress:

Couldn't get a good picture of this one, the paint is really much smoother looking:

ric maniac

wow i like the cheif one! i mean the others are great but the cheif one stood out to me because im 80%ish native american.

appaloosa1

Originally Posted by ric maniac
wow i like the cheif one! i mean the others are great but the cheif one stood out to me because im 80%ish native american.
thanks, that one is probably my favorite. i love anything native american and I'm big into Appaloosa horses which were bred by the Nez Perce and Chief Joseph was a Nez Perce.

murph145

nice art everyone! i used to really be into drawing back in highschool/college now work takes up my time lol