Artificial Coral ?

R

rubix973

This is probably a stupid question but I just have to ask it. I've been looking into getting some fake anenomes for my live rock and am wondering how this fake coral sticks/ adheres to the rock? Its probably a blatantly obvious answer but I for the life of me cant find out how they work. :thinking:
Let me know guys. Thanks~ Gary

imurnamine

Hm, I don't know about it sticking to the rock, all I HAVE is fake coral... Where were you planning on purchasing it from?

birdy

You just wedge them into the spaces in the LR, There are some other tricks to the trade if that doesn't work, but usually just wedging them in works.
The reason you don't want to permanetly attach them is beacause they need to be taken out and cleaned periodically.

R

rubix973

Originally Posted by Birdy
You just wedge them into the spaces in the LR, There are some other tricks to the trade if that doesn't work, but usually just wedging them in works.
The reason you don't want to permanetly attach them is beacause they need to be taken out and cleaned periodically.
Oh ok that makes sense. I have never actually seen fake coral in real life so I dont know anything about it. I was looking to get some nature's image anenomes so my future clownfish could hopefully host them. Its a long shot for them to host the fake stuff but I dont have the time/money to start a reef tank now. Thanks~ Gary