Asm G-2

rmeaux

I just purchased an ASM G-2 skimmer. Didn't use it yet. What is the foam for on the output. Is it just to kind of filter the water on exit. The output pipe moves up and down is this to tune it? and also I am putting this skimmer in a model 2 oceanic sump that I am fitting baffles into. Can I plumb the output into a different compartment of my sump or will this affect the skimmers function? Thank You!!

acrylic51

The foam on the riser tube is to break up the microbubbles exiting the skimmer....yes the riser tube is suppose to go up and down and that is how you adjust the water height inside the skimmer body.....Yes you could plumb the exhaust of the skimmer to a different compartment.....I don't know exactly how your going to run the plumbing, but depending how it's done you might put back pressure on the skimmer. You might want to look at doing the "Gate Valve" mod on plumbing choices.....

rmeaux

I am putting up some 1/4 " glass baffles to make a refuge compartment. I will post pics should be finished for the 23rd.