ASM G-3 for 90G?

S

scar7980

I have a 90 Gallon Corner Bow front reef tank. I am looking to get rid of my cheap skimmer that I don't even know the name of. I am leaning toward ASM but I don't know if I should get an ASM G-2 or G-3. I have 27" of clearance so I will be good up and down. Will the G-3 with the sedra 5000 be to much? The G-2 comes with the sedra 3500. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

mitzel

I would say that either one is going to work great as they are both rated for far larger tanks than yours .

lepete

I just bought a G3 for my 90G.... Do you have 11"x12" area in your sump? It is a rather large skimmer.

S

scar7980

I have 11"x12" but I also have my return mag 7 pump in there. It might not fit in there .. I didn't think about how wide it will be with the pump. Thanks

ddboy

I would use either G1 or G2 as the G3 is pretty big for a 90g. and the 3500gph would be enoungh. I have a g3 on my 150g tank.

haakon

I am not too sure how confident I am in the ASM product line. I just purchased a G2 with the Sedra 3500 and the pump was so loud that I couldn't run it. I am in the process in sending back the pump and I hope that this was an anomoly but for now I have a question mark for ASM products. I will let you know how the customer service group treats this situation. All the best.
Haakon

sleasia

I am using an asm-g 4x on a 200 gallon tank. It is the best skimmer, I love it. I think the asm-3 should be fine for a 90 gallon. Definately get an asm-g skimmer.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by Haakon
I am not too sure how confident I am in the ASM product line. I just purchased a G2 with the Sedra 3500 and the pump was so loud that I couldn't run it. I am in the process in sending back the pump and I hope that this was an anomoly but for now I have a question mark for ASM products. I will let you know how the customer service group treats this situation. All the best.
Haakon
You can get a bad pump regardless of what type or brand of skimmer you purchase, so think it's rather unfair to comment like that about a product.....It's funny, because the more expensive EuroReefs ran or run the same pumps as well......Are you sure your problem isn't vibration from the pump in your sump? That seems to be a big problem that people often overlook