ASM-G2 question

kogle

Does anyone run this skimmer? I'm buying a skimmer tomorrow and wanted some more info on it.
I was also looking at the coralife skimmer for the 220 size tanks but I haven't read many good things about them and they look to be too tall to fit under my stand. (It's a standard 180)
I think the ASM will fit but I was wondering how the collection cup comes off for emptying. I'd like to get the G3 but it's taller and I don't think I have the room. I have about 23 inches to play with under the stand and I don't want to have to take the whole skimmer out just to empty the cup.
Anyone with the ASM skimmer have any insight?

geckopsu

Hey KOgle, I have the G2 skimmer as well. It does an incredible job on my 90g. It takes less than an inch to get the cup off the skimmer, in fact I don't even bother twisting the cup down to lock it in place because it fits snugly just by setting it on top.

garydn

Originally Posted by GeckoPSU
Hey KOgle, I have the G2 skimmer as well. It does an incredible job on my 90g. It takes less than an inch to get the cup off the skimmer, in fact I don't even bother twisting the cup down to lock it in place because it fits snugly just by setting it on top.
I do the same, I dont even lock the cover, makes its quick and easy to clean.

kogle

Thanks for the replies gang.
I went ahead and got the G2 this weekend but I think after installing it I would have had room for the G3. Man that thing skims good. I had a Seaclone on my 55 and it NEVER worked liked this, even when it was brand new.