asm g2 skimmer?

scotts

I have it and it is GREAT! It is an in sump skimmer. But it is quiet, easy to adjust and works well for me. (knock on wood)

garydn

Originally Posted by Scotts
I have it and it is GREAT! It is an in sump skimmer. But it is quiet, easy to adjust and works well for me. (knock on wood)
ditto

promisetbg

I have had cheapo skimmers, ASM & Euro-reef. Mine never did very well...the water rimmed down the body of the skimmer causing saltcreep, and to me the body of the skimmer is too big for the pump size. Same pump, but smaller body on my ER and I get a much better performance.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by promisetbg
I have had cheapo skimmers, ASM & Euro-reef. Mine never did very well...the water rimmed down the body of the skimmer causing saltcreep, and to me the body of the skimmer is too big for the pump size. Same pump, but smaller body on my ER and I get a much better performance.
Your saying you ran both the ASM and Euro and neither did anything for you?

thegrog

I have the G3x and love it! It is quiet and has performed wonderfully. Yes, there is some salt creep, but what in your tank does not get it at some point? Just takes a few seconds at cleaning time to eliminate it.
I got the gate valve and drain fitting mods on mine and they have worked great.
ASM get my stamp of approval (if that means anything)