asterina stars

fishyapol

i just noticed this morning that i have a whole gang brewing up in my tank... from the first time i've seen them it was like 2-3,, now for some reason there are 10... just all of a sudden... it said that they are not harmful but they can be with sps... has anyone had any problems with them,, because if so i will start picking away.. please let me know soon before more start showing up.. thanks

gsd

Asterina stars are yet another critter that gets a bad rap just like a bristle worm....leave em alone, they normally do not harm anything.........or pick em out and place in fuge.....

bojik

Originally Posted by GSD
Asterina stars are yet another critter that gets a bad rap just like a bristle worm....leave em alone, they normally do not harm anything.........or pick em out and place in fuge.....
Good scavengers/detrivores. IF you have alot it typically means you are supporting them with how your feeding etc. IF you want to thin them out capture a few and ask a few people on here if they want to seed some in their tanks. Even relatively small tanks can have hundreds of the buggers.