Attaching Corals??

sailfin

I finally got an orange monti cap over the weekend and I need to attach it to the LR in my tank. I bought some epoxy puddy from Loctite. Is this stuff reef safe? Does anyone know what to look for that might make a product such as this not reef safe. Any suggestions would be great.
Keep a reefin' :happyfish

bigarn

Originally posted by viet-tin
Try super glue gel.

Agreed.... If it doesn't say for marine use, or safe for aquarium use... don't use it. :D

sailfin

I tried super glue gel, but the piece is so big that doesn't hold it. I saw NMReef's tank and it looks like he used a type of epoxy/putty. I do not know, just trying to get an idea. BTW, the stuff I got said for aquamarine use, but I think it is referring to boats and the like.
Keep a reefin' :happyfish

elvictre

I'm allways on this subject. I used a 2 part epoxy that was reef safe and it still doesn't hold. I was just at homedepot looking at several different glues that say for marine use or non toxic but none say safe for use in a fishtank. I am on the search for silicone that can be used underwater that is safe for fish. IMO nothing holds better than silicone.
Vic

diadema

doesn't matter how big the piece is - super glue gel will do it. Haven't you seen the commercial for krazy glue with the guy glued by his hardhat?
Turn off your flow, pat the area of the coral dry with a cloth and add an entire tube of the gel. Immediately put it in the water, push the coral to the rock where you want it and twist slightly. Hold it there for 45 seconds and it will stick.

larrynews

i also use super glue...i took out the rock glued it to the rock soaked in tank water in a cup or something for about 10 minutes then but the rock back in the tank....