Attacing Frogspawn Help!!!

sigmachris

First off Happy Friday!
Secondly thank you in advance for any help you can provide!
Here is the scenario...I purchased a frag of Frogspawn (FS) a couple of weeks ago. It was attached to a pre-formed pillar that comes out of frag trays and the pillar was about 3 inches tall.
After placing the FS in various locals in the tank I thought I had a good spot for the frag. I attempted to crumble parts of the pillar to get it from 3" tall down to maybe 1/2" so I could glue that to the LR.
While applying pressure to the pillar I separated the pillar from the FS. I think the FS is attached to only the super glue that the LFS used.
Ready for the question yet???
Should I separate the FS from the old glue (by razor) or just use the old glue as a base and glue that to the LR? Lastly what is the name of the super glue that is preferred on the forum? The LFS I bought the frag is 30 miles away. The local LFS in my town only have this puddy type adhesive.
Once again thanks for any help and sorry for the drawn out thread, but it is a slow day at the office. I'm sorry for these basic fragging questions but I have never fragged before.
-Chris

lanceafer

I have heard from many people that you should use Super Glue Gel. Take out the frag and the rock you want to attach it to. pat dry the spot the glue will go on and then glue to two together. Coral can be out of the water for quite some time so don’t worry if it takes a few minutes to get it dry and glued. As for removing the old glue, I would just leave it as long as everything looks healthy.

fgcu14

if you attach the frag with a rubberband and leave it for a few days it will attach itself to the LR and you wont have to spend the few bucks for super glue.

sula

Originally Posted by fgcu14
if you attach the frag with a rubberband and leave it for a few days it will attach itself to the LR and you wont have to spend the few bucks for super glue.
This technique works great for soft corals, but I doubt it would work for Frogspawn.