Attack Of Scooter!!!

happyreef

MADE YA LOOK!
Actually, I love the scooter blennies/dragonettes, but certainly do not want to make them starve slowly. If I had a 38 gallon, with AT LEAST 1 lb. / gallon AND a CPR aquafuge for pod growth, is that still not enough pod production, and it will just "prolonge" its starvation, or is it feasible?
Again, I just wanted to know if its realistic, if its not, then I would rather make a different fish selection, than starve an excellent specimen! Thanks.

viper_930

I do not think it will work. The LR in the tank and the fuge will not be able to supply enough pods.

happyreef

Thank you for responding Viper. Better safe than sorry. I figured since I have heard "rules" saying around 100 lbs. LR / dragonette in a well matured tank.

scooterb

Maybe I've just been lucky but I have a 55 gal. tank with under 100lbs of lr and up until about 3 weeks ago no fuge and have been very successful with 2 (male and female) scooter blennies. I've had them for almost a year and every night without fail they do their courting swim. Both had sunken stomachs when I bought them but are now very broad across the back and have very fat stomachs. I think the main thing is to just watch them closely to make sure they're filling out.