Attack of The Killer Tomato

macedew

I was doing my monthly Big cleaning of our 75 gallon tank. We have a Tomato Clown that has made its home in our Purple Tenticled anenome. I was reaching in the tank about a foot away from the clown and its home, and all of a sudden I feel this thing hit my hand hard. I come to find out that it was the clown biting at my finger. It was not a nibble, it was an "attack" type bite. This is the first time that I have been "attacked" by our clown and my hands have come closer to it that it did today. Just thought that this was something weird and wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen? :confused:

fish_kisses

I've had my tomato clown with my bubbletip anemone and he has gone at my arms while I was vaccuming the cc in my tank. He is just defending his anemone. Once they have made their relationship and bonded, they will defend their homes(anemones) with their lives. So I would say that this is pretty normal. :D

krazzydart

yuppers, even the perc's will attack, mine will even go after the tangs if they hang out to long in their "spot" of the tank!!!

concon

My maroom clown does the same thing to me. He chases my hand all over until I take my hand off the tank. This behavior happens after I got my seabate anemone. Cool.