Attention all divers..

nauti2001

Im going to Jamaica next week.. Im not going to be diving but I will be snorkeling.. So I was wondering If I found some cool peices of rock that arent too big will I get in trouble going through customs.. Or if I brought back some sand for some reason?? any chances of getting into trouble.. thanks.. matt

97tahoe

We spent a glorious 7 days in Ocho Rios Jamaica at the Jamaica Grande on our honeymoon and it was great.
They had signs all over the beaches saying it was in so many words very illegal and punishable by fines and prison to remove stuff from the water and shells from the beach.
Having said that I would advise against it since its not America and they could put you in jail and leave you there if they wanted.
Also when we got back to Atlanta they did go through our suitcases also.
One last note, I don't know what part you are going to but if its possible go to Dunns River Falls. Its very beautiful.
Red Stripe beer SUCKS!!!!!

97tahoe

Also be prepared to be ask on every corner to buy drugs.
I do have to say once we said no (and this was many many times)that the subject was dropped and they were not pushy about it at all.
This was outside the resort and in town of course, they kept it under control and we were not asked once inside the resort.

nauti2001

well that sucks..
Im not going to Ocho Rios but I was supposed to go to dunn river falls but on the day we are supposed to go there I wont be able to.. I have to come home early for school reasons. But thanks for the warning.. matt