ATTENTION all wrasse owners!!!!

thesamm

i will be adding a wrasse to my 90 and i need your opinions on what one...would be a good choice living with these fish:
a small lion species (antennata,radiata)
a green wolf eel
a large gold stripe maroon clown OR a fox face
and i have limited it to these few wrasses...paddlefin, pinkface, or Klunzinger's....o yea if it helps i have a euro reef ES5-3 skimmer (in sump) and two 802 powerheads and a emperor400
i just wanna know what one would best suit the fish list above because i only want 4 fish and i want them to somewhat get along...also what diet should these wrasses be fed and does any body have pics of there wrasses...?????

lion_crazz

I would go with the klunziner. They are the prettiest, plus the most easy to keep. Vary any wrasse diet with a mix of frozen food (prawn, krill, shrimp, scallop, etc.). Any of those wrasses will do fine with those fishes, but the klunziners will not grow as fast as the paddlefins, I don't think.
I have no experience with the pink face you are referring to however, so I cannot comment on that fish. I was just going off of klunzinger vs. paddlefin

thesamm

lion, i really like the pinkface the best and its not gonna cost me a fortune...so i think im gonna go with that...it is very similar to the klunzinger and the paddle fin so im guessing its temerment is similar...at least thats what my other resorces say also...so when you had your wrasses did it ever nip at mushrooms? :thinking:

thesamm

alright well i think im gonna get a pink face....thanks
sw65galma, 6 lines stay way to small that would make a meal

sw65galma

Originally posted by TheSamm
alright well i think im gonna get a pink face....thanks

True..

nickfish

Originally posted by TheSamm

So would the clowns!

offshore80

I have him in a Agressive tank with no corals. Triggers, large butterfly fish, Large tangs, puffer, Large Angel.

thesamm

thanks for the help Offshore80
nickfish....a maroon clown if you are familar with it is one of the largest species (6 inches) i have seen them almost 8 tho...and are the meanest clown i dont think that is a problem...
well ill probally be gettin a pinkface,..

lion_crazz

Good to hear. Try to post a pic of em when you get him. I would be interested in seeing what one looks like.
Good luck with your new future addition!