ATTENTION need bta help

camillo

i got a bta about 4 months ago for my clowns. they still havnt taken to it, and i know that can take a while and may not ever happen, but thats not my problem. my problem is that i dont think it looks healthy. i feed it about once a week with small pieces of frozen shrimp. it moved around alot during the early days i got it, but it has really settled down in the spot that its in now, so i dont know what else i can do to help it, or even if it is unhealthy, thats why i got some pics, like i just think it should look less 'sloppy' the tenticles seem to be long and thin, and it dosnt seem to have any bubbles on its tips, and it is a bta, sometimes i even wonder if the lfs sold me the right anenome and if it even is a bta or something else. any help would be much appreciated.

reefer545

doesn't look like a bta to me. Looks like a purple tipped condylactis. Sorry. Even when btas extend there tentacles, they have some resemblence of a bubble amidst each one. This, in my opinion, is not a bubble tip at all, but like I said a purple tipped condylactis. Research, and then go tell the LFS he is unethical. just speculating, but you probably paid a very hefty price for a bta when the condys go usually for about half to even a third of the btas.
once again sorry. all I can say is do your homework.
R545

camillo

the thing is im pretty sure it did have a couple bubbles when i first got it, but as for a hefty price, btas are pretty reasonable hear in australia, i got mine for 25dollars which is like 18us dollars

stokedhawk

it's common for bta's to lose their bubbles in captivity. i have a green bta and it used to have bubbles, but now just long tentacles.