Attn Anyone In Nj

fishman622

Originally posted by fishking
route 22 east

can you give me some directions to taht place. also have to you heard of absolutely fish?

fishman622

Originally posted by justphong
where do u go? for clorals and supplies? im in perth amboy.. i go to animal and things in woodbridge

i like absolutely fish in clifton new jersey. good quality but a little expencive. theer is beitals in pearl river new jersey. i also go there. great selection and quality

I do agree that TRI is a little expensive. The one things you'll notice though is that OG2 doesn't care what they sell you. I've gotten bad advice, bad algaes(hair and bubble on their corals), they have aptasia in almost all their tanks, and don't care, and their corals are not very healthy.
Once you build a good relationship with TRI, he'll be very nice to you. You usually get good hitchhikers from there, and their corals are very healthy.
As for MHs, I would've gone online if I were you. I would be VERY blown away if you got a better price on MHs @ any LFS than online.... Unless there's a sale.
Please keep in mind we are in an expensive hobby to begin with, and although you don't want to get ripped off - you get what you pay for. If I ever bothered to keep track, I'll bet you I've spent more per inch of coral at OG2 than at TRI just based on death, and time wasted fighting things that I got from OG2 that I didn't want.
FWIW......

poprfd

you should take a ride to AQUATIC Visions on rt 10 west east hanover they are very reasonable price wise and have extremley educated sales people working there who will answer any questions you may have. there is always something there that you would like

fishking

i had a aspisita on my rock with zoos on it from reef and i would want to go back but my dad is pissed andsaid he will never go there again. also the MH from him had a broken 96w actintic in it

fishking

Originally posted by hookedonreefs
I do agree that TRI is a little expensive. The one things you'll notice though is that OG2 doesn't care what they sell you. I've gotten bad advice, bad algaes(hair and bubble on their corals), they have aptasia in almost all their tanks, and don't care, and their corals are not very healthy.
Once you build a good relationship with TRI, he'll be very nice to you. You usually get good hitchhikers from there, and their corals are very healthy.
As for MHs, I would've gone online if I were you. I would be VERY blown away if you got a better price on MHs @ any LFS than online.... Unless there's a sale.
Please keep in mind we are in an expensive hobby to begin with, and although you don't want to get ripped off - you get what you pay for. If I ever bothered to keep track, I'll bet you I've spent more per inch of coral at OG2 than at TRI just based on death, and time wasted fighting things that I got from OG2 that I didn't want.
FWIW......

not really there boss is actually very helpful, kinda, but i havent had any problem from them

fishking

to top it off i got a asorted rock from him that had 1/3 of the moonstone dead and his clams are 100 dollars, i can get a clam the same size at ocean gallery for i think 49.99, also my leather cost 70dollar and i saw one in OG that had split into two big pieces for about 40 dollar and it looked pretty healthy

justphong

fish king.. do you ahve aim or anything.. i would like the opportunity to speak to you since i am also in nj
my aim sn is : justphong

Well - first, if you want cheap fish and shrimp go to the Bridgewater *****. Believe it or not they have happy healthy fish and shrimp for cheap, and they're only 10 minutes from TRI.
Second, if you're sooo happy with OG2 keep going there. Then let me know what you think of them in about 6-12 months.
Finally - check out New Jersey Reefer's Club's website. I'm sure you'll find MANY reefers - more experienced than I - agreeing that although TRI IS expensive, it is worth it in the long run.
Good luck, and let me know how things turn out for you in the long run.
(BTW - did you contact TRI about the broken actinic? I can't imagine they wouldn't replace it)