ATTN: attml.... Question about 120 gal stand.

csrobe02

Hey you have helped me alot with the structure of the stand for my 120 gallon, and I have one more question for you. I am in the middle of putting the top peice of plywood on and have to cut the opening for the overflows. I do not have those measurements off hand and would love to save a trip to the LFS to measure them. If you, or anyone else, has the measurements on what part to cut out I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you very much

h2oengr

For structural reasons, I would suggest you cut out a corner. About a 5" hypotenuse in the corner ought to do it.
Is it raining there yet? It is here! A lot!

csrobe02

Its the new style AGA tank. The overflows are not in the corners, they are in the middle.
No not yet but the sky is turning dark pretty fast! Kinda happy cause if it wasnt I would be at work right now! I got off early cause I was supposed to work outside today =)

h2oengr

Well, whatever you do, be sure to beef up that center with some crossmembers and braces. I probably don't need to tell you, but the pair of center posts (assuming you have 3 vertical pairs) takes 1/2 of the load of your tank.

attml

CSRobe02,
Glad to hear I was a help. Here is a picture of the underneath of my tank stand. As you can see I left a good bit of room so that I wouldn't be too tight trying to get my bulkheads in. I had a tough angle measuring (now that the tank is on it) so these are a little rough as far as my measurements go. Here is a picture of what mine looks like underneath. I am working on a diagram for you now with measurements

attml

Here is a diagram of rough measurements of my stand (they are fairly close). On one side it is 6 1/2 inches from the edge of the opening to the side and on the other side it is 7 inches from side to opening. HTH

csrobe02

Very cool, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much for your help. I am excited, I got the top peice on and everything is perfectly level, corner to corner, front to back. I am coming up fast on finishing it up, ill post pics when I get it done.
Thanks again!