ATTN Orlando, FL folks....

taku

I've heard of a place called "the aquarium" here in Orlando and have yet to find it. I looked online @ <a href="http://www.411.com" target="_blank">www.411.com</a> and ran a search but couldn't find it there or in the yellow pages. I'm thinking they may spell the name different.
Regardless I hear this place is the !@*% and I am starting a 3 gallon nano so I must go check out the livestock :)
Any help is much appreciated :)

saltylake

i was in orlando this weekend and visited Sea World and they had a interesting reef set up. I have also heard of the aquarium in orlando but didn't have to much time to inquire about its location.

taku

Thank you anyways, Saltylake. :)
I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a figment of everyone's ~wishful thinking~ imagination :D
I did hear it's out on Colonial somewhere.. but I'm not about to drive for miles and miles trying to find it :)

taku

I know there aren't many Orlando folks here.. but there are a few.
TTT for the afternooners :)
Last time :)

ultravioletmofo

the Aquarium is actually located off of 441 in Apopka. A couple of years back this store was second to none. But as of late it's really gone down hill. Over the last couple of years the staff has gotten worse and worse. I'm really starting to think it's under new ownership or the guy just stopped trying. If your an early 20 something hobbyist like myself, they seem to think your gonna try to steal from them rather than purchase anything.
But enough of my ranting. The store has great potential and I'll continue to shop there because it's close by. The exception to the staff is a younger lady who has been the most helpful as of late. Quick to assist you in finding the items your looking for and answer diferent questions concerning tank care.

teog

Dont waste you time there. I initially spent most of my money there(1000.00 up) and they still think I would steal from them. I have some really good contacts so shoot me an email at teog1@aol.com
If your looking for a lFS try fishy business or seven seas aquarium. Both are in Longwood/altamonte area. I have pruchased through both.

tru conch

i personally go to fishy business. taku, i know i talked a little to you eariler about ocean blue. fishy business has a pretty knowledgeable staff, good prices, free water testing, and take trade ins. the only thing is pick your stock carefully, sometimes the fish are a little icky. hth.

ultravioletmofo

After reading the suggestion for seven seas aquarium I decided to check it out. Great suggestion. super clean store, super helpful staff and seemed more concerned over my tank then making a profit. I like that...
for a store that small they have more selection than the aquarium and the fish seem a lot more healthy than the aquariums. I think I've found a LFS that fits my needs. thanks for the suggestion.

teog

seven seas is nice but keep in mind that store is less than 2 months old. But yes they have a lot of fish. If you ever get to daytona go to coral reef express, very nice store, worth the drive.