AUGH!!! I think I have a mantis in my tank! HELP!!!!!

crabbypants

Oh no....
I saw a creature, he is in a hole in my live rock. He looks like a shrimp about 1/2 to 1 inch long. Peeks out with 2 brown looking eyes.
WHAT DO I DOOOOOO!!!!
I need to know if anyone has some good pics of these suckers.
I also have something that has a tube and a starred looking top, it is totally transparent and is making its way over the rock, vas is das? it is about 1/2 inch long and I guess another description would be that it has the look of a flower with balls at the end of its petals and a really fat trunk.
I wish I could attatch pics
PLEASE help
CP

crabbypants

Nope it's not aiptasia, it is like a clear looking cucumber or something.
OK I need help getting this mantis!
Any suggestions, PLEASE!!!!!!

oceanjumper

Place a shrimp trap.
Take e.g. a plastic (clear) coke bottle. Cut the top and place it the other way around into the bottom part. Put some bait (e.g. shrimp) into the trap and place it in your tank close to the rock where you saw it. Hopefully no fish will get into it.
Good luck!

crabbypants

I GOT HIM I GOT HIM now he goes to shrimp heaven
I picked up the piece of LR and flushed it with fresh water and out he came, I think he thought it was a water slide at a water park, well surprise surprise, NOT!!!!!
I hate to flush him, but a tank chick has got to do what a tank chick has got to do!!!
WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!
Now I am not too much of a crabby pants as I was;)

itchy

Hey Crabbypants where in Indy do you live? My husband is from Remington (between you and chicago). I am akways looking for new Saltwater places to go visit. i recently found one in Layfayette, In. called Aquarium World and it was great. Bought some clowns from them to see if they would make it home (4hour drive) and they did fine. Will most likely buy some more things!! Oh WEll I just saw you were from Indy and was curious what side?