AVATAR? anybody see? Yea or Nay?

coral keeper

Originally Posted by SocalNano24
http:///forum/post/3194001
I agree with freaky here, there was alot of comprasions to reef critters, be it coco worms, mushrooms or jelly fish.
It did have a plot, it just happened to be quite predictable. But definitley worth the $19 to see it in IMAX 3D.
I watched it in IMAX 3D. Do you know what the $2 fee is for?

sea_fan

Its a sci-fi rendition of corporate greed, plus pilgrims and indians. Its an AMAZING movie. I saw it on IMAX 3D. I would recommend paying the extra money instead of going to the regular theater.

reefraff

A friend saw it on I Max and plans on going again, very impressed and he is a movie snob. I'll watch it on TV, not interested in supporting movies with political propaganda in them.

kjr_trig

Just got back from seeing it...I loved it, awesome awesome movie, probably in my top 5 ever, but I do like science fiction.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3194497
It's 3D or something?
No. The film was shot with traditional film equipment. However IMAX remastered the film into 3D for use in it's 3D equipped locations. Most like it, some don't. It's got it's pro's and con's. For a special effect wonder like this, it's an absolute blast to see in IMAX 3D...

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3193094
Going on Tuesday...Did you see it yet Heat?
BTW, 13-12 isn't too bad....at least for Miami....It's not as good as 18-9 though

Happy Holidays big guy

Yeah you too,, We as a team a on perma Mediocrity..
It is so nice to see Steve Nash play like the SN of 7 years ago and bring his game and body to a new level on which any player in the NBA wish to emulate.
Is Avatar Necessary to wear those 3d glasses to fully enjoy OR are you just fine seeing it without those dumb a$$ glasses..

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
http:///forum/post/3195088
Yeah you too,, We as a team a on perma Mediocrity..
It is so nice to see Steve Nash play like the SN of 7 years ago and bring his game and body to a new level on which any player in the NBA wish to emulate.
Is Avatar Necessary to wear those 3d glasses to fully enjoy OR are you just fine seeing it without those dumb a$$ glasses..

We went non-3d, I hate the glasses too. Certainly didn't detract for me being non-3d.
Heat should be making room for a run at Lebron, they have more upside for him than NY or NJ at this point. Lebron could actually play with another superstar...Kobe and Wade together, no way, but Lebron could play with either of them.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3194532
No. The film was shot with traditional film equipment. However IMAX remastered the film into 3D for use in it's 3D equipped locations. Most like it, some don't. It's got it's pro's and con's. For a special effect wonder like this, it's an absolute blast to see in IMAX 3D...
Its playing in 3D at non IMAX theaters as well.

aquaknight

Instead of bumping my other thread, I'll just post here....
Avatar: 8 out 10. So... so... mixed. On the one hand, the movie is an absolute marvel, stunning scenery, environments that have never before been so in-depth. Then you have some things that just slap you in the face. The plot might have cut it for an original Disney movie. You literally could tell the story of the entire movie from first 15 minutes. I dunno, just maybe a little disappointed from Cameron. I mean we all know the tale of what happened on the Titanic, but he was able to bring something completely fresh for that movie. I think maybe he was just too involved building sets and up-scaling the imagery, the plot felt a little left behind.
Not that this is a bad thing, but there was some more violence then I expected. When Neytiri (the blue girl) and Jake killed those dogs/wolfs at the beginning, and then when the Colonel in the AMP Suit goes to town on the tiger/lion thing Neytiri was riding near the end.
All in all, I was still very impressed with the movie. Anyone who is contemplating seeing still definitely should. It definitely would still be worth it to see it on the big screen with the theater speakers turned up. I just wished there wasn't this taste in my mouth like I just had seen a Disney film...

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3195287
Avatar: 8 out 10. So... so... mixed. On the one hand, the movie is an absolute marvel, stunning scenery, environments that have never before been so in-depth. Then you have some things that just slap you in the face. The plot might have cut it for an original Disney movie. You literally could tell the story of the entire movie from first 15 minutes. I dunno, just maybe a little disappointed from Cameron. I mean we all know the tale of what happened on the Titanic, but he was able to bring something completely fresh for that movie. I think maybe he was just too involved building sets and up-scaling the imagery, the plot felt a little left behind.
Sure, it was a bit predictable, but I still thought it was a good story. With a "drama" I like a few twists, but with a Sci-Fi action movie, I just want to be entertained....I was very entertained. %h

redinator

Avatar makes my top 5 of ALL time. Seen it twice. I will also get it once DVD comes out. Could not tell difference from real and CGI.

vishnuborg

Well I absolutely loved it. The depiction of Pandora is very creative and allows the viewer to delve into a new world. Even though many aliens look like Earth counterparts, I didn't mind, though I am usually most skeptical of alien designs copied from Earth animals. The Na'vi look a little....weird at best, but I think you'll find they match the amazing bioluminescence of Pandora. Sit back and enjoy the seen. It's one of the few modern movie with a complete plot, though Neytiri's sobbing is a bit tiring and heartbreaking at times. "Tis a must see film. The technical making is spectacular.