Azfishgal New Tank Diary!

azfishgal

Originally Posted by DeltaBlack22
http:///forum/post/2715585
She just said where she's been and how long she'll be gone...
Thanks for watching out for me.

I came on today just to ask a reactor question and noticed I had a few messages here. My Naso Tang that I put in my tank a month ago was bullied and killed by my Hippo Tang.
I was SOOOOO mad, so nothing new has gone in since that has happened. Right now I'm working on getting a reactor to keep my cal/alk/ph balanced. With going to school and well, life in general, it would be nice to not have to dose every day and chase a number that I can never seem to reach, or if I do it only lasts for a day or so. And yes, I've checked Mag and it was low, but now it's high!
With all that said, corals are still growing and fish are doing great though the Hippo Tang is lucky she's still alive.
Well, my girls start back to school on Monday and I start on the 18th. Taking 3 classes this semester so probably won't see me around much.

nigerbang

Looked over the last pics...Wow.. Came a long way.. dont worry to much about the Naso...It happens. I added a 6'" Golden Headed sleeper goby and watched my Lunare and Hippo tear it into 2 peices before I could try and break it up.. It lasted a whole 3 minutes..

azfishgal

Well, at least your fish died a quick death! lol. My Naso tang suffered for three weeks. Poor thing....
We are working on getting a calcium reactor put in. I'm getting tired of dosing every day and trying to keep things balanced. If I get tired and don't dose one day all my numbers drop, so hopefully once the reactor is in things will stay balanced and my corals will do better.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by azfishgal
http:///forum/post/2725618
Well, at least your fish died a quick death! lol. My Naso tang suffered for three weeks. Poor thing....
We are working on getting a calcium reactor put in. I'm getting tired of dosing every day and trying to keep things balanced. If I get tired and don't dose one day all my numbers drop, so hopefully once the reactor is in things will stay balanced and my corals will do better.
It should, reactors can be aggravating but its doable.

browniebuck

not sure if you are still checking things on here...but, after re-reading through all 27 pages, you have to be the absolute most patient new saltwater aquarist that I have EVER run across.
Now that I have taken my 55 down (transferred everything into a 30 to clear the space for the new tank) and am getting ready for my own 125, I will have a nice QT tank set up for my fish...but, man will it be difficult to keep them in there for 3 to 4 weeks...
Your tank looks awesome and you went about it the right way, you truly showed that patience is a virtue in this hobby!!! Congrats!