B O B

tierodking

Billions of Bubbles....
thats what I have in my tank.
small pinhead bubbles. I thought it was unsettles dirt from the tank swap on Monday.
I went from a 54 to a 120g.
Right now I don't have any powerheads on, protien skimmer runnings or anything to cause turbulance in the water except for the sump.
the water drops in, filters through the LR, then through a sponge, to the pump and back to the tank. Thats where the tiny bubbles are coming from, from the return from the sump
any ideas what to do?
thanks

my way

Try checkng your pump and all return lines for any leaks. Is there any place a bubble could get caught? Try turning your pump of for a moment then back on< does a big bubble come out? If so you've get air trapped somewhere, then repeat the on of until it goews away. Most of the time this works to get out the trapped air.

tierodking

Actually, now that I take a MUCH closer look, the bubbles are coming from where the water drops INTO the sump (the other water), this causes those bubbles, they then pass through the LR, through the sponge then into the area where the pump is.
how would I get rid of that problem?

thanks

weberian

The pipe dropping into the sump should go under the sump water level and you should build a bubble baffle. You will find more in the equipment forum. Search for bubble baffle or sump design.