b&w heniouchus experts

julie

Has anyone with b&w had any experience or problem with their spiked fin? I currently have one, for 4 weeks now. It's spiked fin is becoming what looks like string. I'm saying the top 1/2-3/4 inch of the spike is just dangling like string from the rest of the spike. Any suggestions? Didn't get reply in disease forum.

jerrybsal

I have had one for a while now.Dont worry It will fall off in a couple of days and It will grow back soon after.I still dont know why it happens,I think with mine my angel had something to do with it falling off.

julie

That would be a good way to describe it, fishingline. Do you know what caused it? It seems to be getting longer and longer.

julie

The spike fin is a longer "fishline" now. It is about 1 1/2-2 inches long. It hasn't fallen off. Does anyone have any idea what may cause this? I'm going to try and use zoecon, instead of zoe in the food, but not sure if it'll help. (waiting for the zoecon to arrive)

i'm not sure what caused it...i figured my other fish may have been picking at it when i wasn't around...that's the only thing i could think of cause he was a really healthy fish