Baby Blue Hippo Tang

binhzino

i just bought a baby blue hippo tang today..it was swimming at one place earlier then i went to go do laundry and now i cant find it. should i be concerned? the other fish in the tank is a maroon clown, 4stripe damsel, fuzzy dwarf lionfish...also got condi anemone, flame scallop, and feather duster.

viper_930

How big is the hippo tang? And how big is your lionfish? First thought that came to my mind was your hippo tang was eaten.
Or is it possible that the tang is hiding in the LR?

feixjai

i also though it was eaten because of the lionfish. i have seen baby blue tangs at my lfs and they are the size of a quarter. well thats only my fish store dont know about yours but i would try and look again. i had this happen to me before. i was looking for my firefish goby all over the place. checked everyone and the next day he came out. maybe he will appear tomarrow.

jayc

Lots of times when you first get a blue tang they will hide in the LR even lay down and play dead. Maybe thats what yours is doing.

binhzino

NVM! I found him! Anyone know how fast they grow? BC I only got a 30gallon but plan to sell it when it gets bigger. I bought him for $16. If you live in Dallas-Ft.Worth TX. Go to EXOTIC FISH on 360 South and Arkansas in Arlington, TX. They have the cheapest sh*t ever.

jayc

Originally Posted by Binhzino
NVM! I found him! Anyone know how fast they grow? BC I only got a 30gallon but plan to sell it when it gets bigger. I bought him for $16. If you live in Dallas-Ft.Worth TX. Go to EXOTIC FISH on 360 South and Arkansas in Arlington, TX. They have the cheapest sh*t ever.
Good, Glad you found him and he wasnt eaten. :happy: