Baby Fu Man Chu Lionfish

vinnie t.

Today in my LFS I saw the smallest lionfish it was a 1" Fu Man Chu Lionfish. Its so small and cool but the fish store guy said its hard to feed and stuff. I want it but it might die. Should I get it?

viking

If your tank size is correct on your sig then i would say NO!!! a 25 is nowhere near large enough to hold any kind of Lion Fish. He may be small now but he will grow. also post this in the aggresive forum and see what those guys say.

blueberryboomer

Your lfs guy is correct in saying they are hard to feed. We bought one and it died with in two weeks, everytime we tried to feed him, he would scoot under the live rock, we tried just pouring bineshrimp in , using feeding stick with squid, and also Formula one, he would not eat anything and its sad to say he died. That is one fish I plan on staying away from in the future. Later Lisa

seatank

as blueberry said and your lfs said they are very hard to feed my 1'1/2 fu man chu died about 1 month after i had it and the only thing it ate was live guppy feeders wich i did not want to feed live food to him because when he got bigger he would eat all my other fish. just remember lionfish will eat anything that will fit in there mouth. just a hint.

playtime

I am lucky I guess. I bout my juvi fuzzy dwarf lionfish ( we call him Metro) and he eats frozen brine shrimp. I give him feeder guppies about every 2 weeks as a treat. He is awesome and we love him. He likes to watch tv with us at night after we turn out the tank light. If I were you, and I wanted a lionfish, I would get one that is a little older. Why risk it.
Playtime

fender

First of all Vinnie, ignore the post above about the FW. I applaud you for asking b4 buying. Too often ppl buy something without doing their homework.
Good Luck with your tank!

goofieones

yeah, you recently posted, you wanted a trigger, clown, lionfish.... all in a 25gal. Yikes... I hope you didn't get all these fish as you were asking about in another post.