baby mantis or amphipod?

speg

Originally Posted by Fretfreak13
http:///forum/post/3233120
if you do wind up catching a mantis, don't kill him! Either set up another tank for him yourself, or see if anyone else wants him. They're becomming a much more popular pet rather than just a pest. I just set up a tank for one and I love him to death. X]
I'll take the mantis :)

raymond2688

i just discovered loud clicking this morning. my tank ia about 3 feet from my desk and at 430-730 this morning this thing clicked and clicked drove me nuts first time i have heard it.....not sure what to do with it dont want to tear my tank apart.

cjrose

I wasn't going to kill it. If I have one and manage to catch it I will take it to a lcal supplier for credit. I have a trap set and so far the food has not been touched. Oh well. It will be another week and a 1/2 or more, depending on how the remodel goes, before that rock goes back into my DT. I haven't heard any clicking since the rock has been in the tote but then again there's alot of noise in the house right now...lol

halamaya

my hearing sucks, I have a pistol shrimp, mantis srimp and 3 clowns in my house and haven't heard one click yet.

btldreef

More than likely it is a pistol shrimp.
I have two pistol shrimp that can snap at a very rapid pace.
They're both babies and its quite loud.