Background questions

scotikis

I'm setting up a 125 FOWLR tank and intend to apply a background (I'm not painting the tank). I have 2 questions. I'll be purchasing the typical film style backing and i'm not sure the best way to attach it to the tank. With previous fresh fish tanks, I simply used Scotch tape all the way around. Is this a reliable option here in SW? Secondly, I favor both the dark blue and the black backgrounds. What'd you guys like? Does one show the fish better? Any caveats with either one? I appreciate your help.

1990jpyj

i would say go with the black. blue take some of the color away from the fish imo. as far as applying a background. the best way it to paint on a color but i have used some elmers stick glue(white, not purple-it will show) and then taken a peice or to of tape just for an extra percaution.
if it were me i would def. paint it.

bnutz244

What I did was go to a fabric store and bought a strip of velcro with adhesive backing on both sides and put it on the four corners of my tank so if I need to clean the back of the tank I can remove it and get the salt creep without issue and changing it is only a $1 issue of buying velcro for the new backing. just my 2 pennies

masterhobbyist

Most fish stores carry stuff called sea view. It is somewhat like baby oil without the smell. You just smear a little of it on the glass, put the background on and use a credit card or something to smooth out the air bubbles. I have used it on multiple tanks and would not do it any other way. It cleans up nice if you decide to switch backgrounds too. It really makes the background show through good. Only cost a couple bucks. Definately the way to go.