Backgrounds!

T

thomas712

Yeah let me know what they charge first including shipping. If I can save you some money I will.
Thomas

nyreefer

Thomas,
I was considering changing my background as well. I currently have the tape on fading blue and wanted to change to a solid blue. Do you have a pic of your tank with the background you were speaking of? Thanks in advance!

B

bildotang

I am really interested in seeing what the tank looks like with the background as well. Pictures would be most appreciated.

T

thomas712

Originally posted by NYReefer
Thomas,
I was considering changing my background as well. I currently have the tape on fading blue and wanted to change to a solid blue. Do you have a pic of your tank with the background you were speaking of? Thanks in advance!

Not home right now but when I get back I'll post a pic of when I was setting it up and nothing in it or just water to show you the background.
I remember on my 55 I used the tape method and it was always a PITA to keep in place. Salt aways got between the background and the tank, what a mess.
I really like the Oceanvisions backgrounds.
Thomas

lovethesea

What does everyone think of backgrounds on a hex tank?
This new tank (that we still need to find time to set up ) is a 45 gallon Hex. Would you place the blue on the back 3 sides?
Thomas....I will email you soon with the prices that I found :)

T

thomas712

Here is the background as taken with an old flash camera before I had digi capability. I had to scan it with a scanner but doesn't really show its true color.
This shot is just after cycling with the base rock, and adding two chromis fish. At this point my 55 is still setup and I have rock to come over from it as well. The diatoms are just starting to bloom.

T

thomas712

Here is a better shot after moving everything from the 55 over to the new 90 gallon a few months later. About Feb of 03
Thats right a shot of Thomas712's tank can you believe it.
Thats pretty much what the background looks like all the time.

nyreefer

Thomas, it looks great! Can you tell me what shade that is? That is the color I was looking for, but it is hard to tell what shade it is without lights over it. Thanks again for posting the pics of your tank!

T

thomas712

You mean the top one? That was with normal output lights on it. The bottom pic is the one with the 380 watts VHO over it. both are the same background I believe its deep ocean blue.
Googel search for Oceanvisions
Thomas

T

thomas712

Originally posted by lovethesea
any thoughts on what a hex might look like? :notsure:

Yeah it looks like a six-sided polygon

Not sure I would do it to a hex myself, but thats just my opinion.
Thomas

boadyboom

i bought Krylon Fusion spray paint from wallyworld for like 4 bucks it is made for plastic and glass worked great on my tank- took bout 3/4 can for my 36g bow tank you have to do quite a few coats. but looks awesome

lovethesea

Originally posted by Thomas712
Yeah it looks like a six-sided polygon

Thomas

:hilarious
there's always one in the group! :D