Bad Algae Bad!

2nemos

This is my first post so please excuse any mistakes. I've got a problem algae in my tank. Can anybody ID this stuff and give suggestions on how to get rid of it. Thanks in advance!

yellowtail

sorry i cannot answer your question but................................................
:happy:
:cheer: welcome to the board:cheer:
:happy:

:happyfish Welcome, 2Nemos!!! I see you love landscaping just like me. Sorry that I can not tell you what type of algae that you have; but, hey at least you have something growing in your tank that looks pretty and green. Wish I had something!:happyfish
Hang in there. I'm sure that someone on this board will soon respond with the information you need. :happyfish

T

thomas712

2Nemos
Greetings
and Welcome to the board.
I would like to join you in this quest to find out just what the heck this is. I thought that I had found out at one time. Something like a rouge bubble algae. I have had a piece of live rock with that on it for years and I can tell you this.
IT WILL NOT DIE :mad:
I have in my time cut it with a razor
Scrubbed it with a steel brush
Burned it
Sharp screwdriver
dipped it in fresh water
No animal will touch it, no inverts, no corals, no fish, nothing. So far it doesn't spread to anything else, and I have had this piece of rock for about 5 years, but I do take it out from time to time and scrub the living snot out of it. I do have to be carefull as there is a leather attached to this rock. Its tough like toothbrush bristles.
So help me if Bang Guy comes along and says "Oh I know what that is, its blah blah blah ssp." I'll puke.

Thomas

T

thomas712

Closer inspection with Cannon G5 notice that the tubes even look like bubble algea.

2nemos

Thanks for the welome messages. This is one tough algae!:mad:
I have even covered it up with black plastic bags from the tank lights for six weeks and that didn't kill it!

zap800

did you try the holy handgrenade of antioch? it almost worked on that killer rabbit. lol and from one new guy to another newbie hello
sorry i had to say something.