Bad Aptasia Problem

buffett

Originally Posted by IloveFISH2009
http:///forum/post/2969253
why don't we not start fights...and I would like to see a picture of the tank

im not trying to "start a fight" im just stating the obvious and yeah i would like to see a pic of the tank too

scoobydue4

Originally Posted by Buffett
http:///forum/post/2969250
im sorry to screw up this thread but he is just not that great imo,i dont care how many post he has or how much "experience" he has, walk like a duck ...... respond like a jerk......again im sorry to jump in like that
Oh please...

buffett

Originally Posted by scoobydue4
http:///forum/post/2969318
Are you going to do this in every thread Joe replies in? Its getting pretty frigging annoying
if your annoyed stop looking and no im not, go check to see if i did if you want

scoobydue4

Sorry Kolody, I wont post in this thread anymore. You don't deserve this garbage in your thread. Hope you fix your problem with Aiptasia

kolody117

hey its a free thead you can post all you like.... I will post pics of the tank and specifically the rocks that are supercovered tonight when i get home from work.
Thanks for the ideas everyone, I have never heard of the CC starfish trick either but at this point anything will be better.

cjcoopertag

White distilled vinegar did the trick for me almost instantly. With that many in the tank you would not be able to shoot them all at the same time as it would drive down your PH. I have used shrimp, fish and also the stuff made to get rid of them and nothing worked. I used a syringe and squirted right on it and within minutes they started dyeing. This came from a local fish store after getting bad information from two others that had me buy all these other things.

jaybroreef

HEY! JUST WANTED TO LET U KNOW THAT CCs WILL EAT UR CORALS!!!!!! I KNOW CAUSE IT HAPPENED TO ME YEARS AGO!!! THE IDEA ABOUT NOT FEEDING THE TANK, AND TRYING TO GIVE THE SHRIMPS A CHANCE TO CATCH UP, WHILE KILLING AS MANY AS U CAN WITH APT X, IS PROBABLY THE BEST WAY!! WHAT A MESS!!! GOOD LUCK...

caz2022

Go back to where you got your peppermint shrimp and see if you can find out which subspecie they are. I read somewhere that there are two subspecies and only one of them actually eat aptasia. Is your copperbanded eating anything at all-Myosis,formula 1-anything. They can be tough to get to eat. I remember I had a horrible outbreak a year or so ago and put in 5 peppermints and a small CopperBanded. They didnt seem to be doing anything for the longest time but them BAM my tank was clear. Now I actually pickup live rock at the LFS that has aptasia on it just as a treat for my crew. In a nutshell-give them time and they'll clear it up for you. Personally-I'm against any type of chemical (except the required dosings). Just my two sense.

jubbin2001

If you decide to do the CC star, take all your corals out. Unless you just want to turn it into a FOWLR tank
...I had to buy a second aquarium, because my wife had to have a CC, and I setup up a reef tank. Now the thing is in a 24g Nano cube...what a waste for a $10 invert. Now I just setup a seahorse tank because she thought they were cute
. I swear she is more addicted to this hobby than I am...though I end up doing all the spending...cleaning...feeding....research....she just picks stuff out