Bad Luck

crazy4reefs

i have been having some bad luck lately.. a couple of weeks ago 2 of my 96 watt pc lights burn out and the only place for me to get them is over a hour away.. so i make the drive there and get my bulbs.. i wasnt to upset because it was about time to replace them anyway.. so a week later i put my hand in my tank to feed my fish and i get a small electrical shock, while im trying to figure out what it was the pump for my skimmer bites the dust.. so i order a new one which took a week.. i hook it up and i figure im good to go.. WELL i come home from work yesterday and i notice that my corals look terrible. then i realized the tank temp is off the charts and the heater is still on.. so i did everything i could to cool it down.. i guess i will have to wait till i get home today to see if i lost any corals.. im really frustrated !!!:mad: sorry about the long post, i just wonder what will happen next !!

jonthefb

keep venting man.....this is a great place to do it, as we all feel your pains!
good luck
jon

crazy4reefs

thanks for the replys and well wishes... well it looks like most of my corals made it except my frogspawn.. its my favorite coral too.. heres a picture of it do you guys think it will make it ???

ncjetskier

I'll take my frogspawn easy over! Just kidding-it could always be worse, the job, your health, or HAIRY ALGAE!!!!! I feel your pain.

crazy4reefs

just wondering if anyone thinks my frogspawn will make it.. in the picture is the way it looked all day yesterday..

Most likely will not make it, once you see it receding (sp) off the end of the stock, its most likely not going to make it.

j21kickster

by no means is it a gonner- i have saved corals worse than than that- did you find your stray electrical source? was the heater broken?

mossad327

I took a frogspawn from the LFS in worse shape than that. It only had two heads remaining, and there were only two or three "bumps" sticking out from each head. That was about 7 or 8 months ago. One head died completely within three days but the othe one is currently splitting in my tank. Just give it the right conditions and there's a good chance it will recover.

crazy4reefs

i figured out that the powerhead for the skimmer was what caused the stray electricity.. i dont know if the heated malfunction because of that though.. is there anything i can do for the frogspawn ? my water quality is pretty good.. i just hope i can save it, it definitely was my favorite coral.:(

I agree that the frogspawn should be able to recover. Provide proper water quality and so long as nothing else goes wrong in time it should pull through. Good luck!
:)

ryebread

We see Frogspawn like that come in at work all the time and don't worry too much about it. We have a "nursing" tank and species of Euphylia like that normally come back without a problem. Just give it a little time. Good luck. :)