Bad News

ryanhayes9

also really sorry to hear this man....... but i have also known people who were told they couldint also and did. be in my prayers

T

the gift

Really SORRY Bro im keeping you in my prayers...just pray...

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Oceanist, I used to work as an adoption placement counselor. It was the best job I ever had, most rewarding. The one thing that struck me about the adoptive parents was how much they loved and welcomed non-biological children into their lives. I admired them greatly for this.
There are a lot of children in the world that need good parents. When your emotions are more at ease, you may want to consider going down this road.
Take care.

sharkboy13

did u consider adoption? im sure theyre like a lil chinese or spanish kid that would need a good set of parents. it can be lengthy and exspensive but id do it if u want a kid real bad.

breineach1

Oceanist, I know others have suggested adoption and I think it's a great idea. I have known so many people who adopted- from local kids (from infants to 13 year olds) to foreign children. Another option would be to consider fostering. A co-worker fosters babies from 3 months to 5 years old, and she loves it and has been able to adopt 2 of them. It takes a special kind of couple to have that much love and patience, but it makes such a big difference in these kids lives! One thing to consider though, there is a lot of red tape involved with adoption. Good luck with whatever you decide, you'll know what is the right choice for you. The most important thing is to make sure you and your wife have good communication between you!

lovethesea

many prayers offered for this journey you will be embarking on. And it WILL be a journey. Whatever your choice is.....
My step bro is not able to have children. They decided on IVF. An expensive and emotional route......but it provided them with twins after the 2nd try. The path before that was tough and emotional, but I am sure you know or will know soon.
A girlfiend of mine is not able to have children. They decided to adopt through Childerns Hope International. This too was a long emotional journey.
They are thinking about doing it again.......they wished they had adopted 2 children at once.
Both were costly, but both families are thriving and healthy and most importanly, very happy.
Beth is right though...........ride the emotions out first and make your decisons after that.

teresaq

Hi, i came in kinda late on this thread, but just wanted to let you know I know exactly where you are and have been in your shoes. My husband and I were married 5 yr before we found out we could not have a bio child. I am unable to get pg. At nine yrs of marrage we decided to adopt. We also tried one cycle of IVF. our ins paid for the meds, so it was only haha 5 grand for one try. We were already signed up with a state agency, and close to the date we were supose to do our ivf transfer, we found a 2 yr old little boy we fell in love with. the day we transfered, we were tld he would be our son, and that he had a 4 day old sister. our ivf took, and i was only pg for 14 days. one month later we brought home our son and 6 months after that our daughter. (they are 11 and 9 now and were born in LA). two yrs later we were foster parents for a private adoption agency, and they had a 10 mo old little girl, we adopted her 2 months later. she is now almost 7. this yr we are completeing our family by adopting a little girl from china.
I dont mean to ramble, but there is hope to be a parent. my children were not born of my body, but of my heart.
I have a great support web site for infertility and adoption, if you would like it just let me know, or if you would like to talk to someone who really knows what you are going through just e-mail. m0m23 @ earthlink.net
Take Care and Take time to heal.
Teresa

lovethesea

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
but there is hope to be a parent. my children were not born of my body, but of my heart.
Teresa

oceanists

I cannot thank you all enough for all of your support and suggestions, It has really had an impact on my emotions. You are all great people with such big hearts just reading through this has helped me. I cannot thank you all enough , from the bottom of my heart. God bless all of you. We have opened a account today for auto deposit from our checking every month to save for either adoption or IVF when we are ready.
Once again thank all of your kind words. I cannot say this enough, You are all the best!

oceanists

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
Hi, i came in kinda late on this thread, but just wanted to let you know I know exactly where you are and have been in your shoes. My husband and I were married 5 yr before we found out we could not have a bio child. I am unable to get pg. At nine yrs of marrage we decided to adopt. We also tried one cycle of IVF. our ins paid for the meds, so it was only haha 5 grand for one try. We were already signed up with a state agency, and close to the date we were supose to do our ivf transfer, we found a 2 yr old little boy we fell in love with. the day we transfered, we were tld he would be our son, and that he had a 4 day old sister. our ivf took, and i was only pg for 14 days. one month later we brought home our son and 6 months after that our daughter. (they are 11 and 9 now and were born in LA). two yrs later we were foster parents for a private adoption agency, and they had a 10 mo old little girl, we adopted her 2 months later. she is now almost 7. this yr we are completeing our family by adopting a little girl from china.
I dont mean to ramble, but there is hope to be a parent. my children were not born of my body, but of my heart.
I have a great support web site for infertility and adoption, if you would like it just let me know, or if you would like to talk to someone who really knows what you are going through just e-mail. m0m23 @ earthlink.net
Teresa
Teresa I would love the link to you support website. coralpro@comcast.net .. thank you so much!

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by Oceanists
nothing nhas changed between us and we are gonna get through it together
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF IT ALL....

zoboo2

Just wanted to add my support. My husband and I are facing the same thing except there is no possible way to afford adoption or any infertility treatments. It is so sad and at times almost unbearable but we are taking it day by day and doing the best we can. I feel your pain. I also have a website that does have alot of message boards that are great and very supportive. Let me know if you want the link. Peace to you.

teresaq

zoboo-- not trying to steal post, but there are adoptions that are free. our son and daughter cost us nothing and we even got money back. yes its hard to find young children and almost imposible to find infants (unless you foster to adopt) but it can be done. Our son was 2 1/2 and our daughter was 8 mo old. I have a good friend who also adopted siblings and they were 11 mo and 2 days when she got them. it just took them a yr to finalize. many people foster to adopt and there is no cost involved. zoboo check out fertile thoughts, just ad dot com to it.