Bad salt mix ?

zephyrlily

I must've not closed the bag well since the previous mix, this last mix I made ( I use Instant Ocean) had salt floating on top and a small pile sitting on the bottom. This happened before with the last bag I bought when it was almost gone. The salt is also clumped in large chunks probably due to moisture getting in. I ended putting in the last mix in the tank anyways (yesterday), everything seems fine except for a few salt particles flowing through the tank that are now gone.
Is the rest of the bag still usable if I remove the unmixed salt or have the elements been comprimised?
Maybe I need to buy a smaller package but I get the best deal with the 15# bag.

salty cheese

IMO I would get rid of it. I remember reading a similar post about this awhile back but I can't seem to find it. The jest of it was there was some kind of chemical reaction with the air that produced undesirable results. If I remember correctly Bang had some input on the subject.

sula

I've been annoyed with Instant Ocean ever since I opened my newest box. The entire container is clumpy and is not as "dry" as my previous purchases. Plus, it doesn't dissolve very well at all. Are you now telling me this could be really bad, and not just annoying? I'm on the verge....just one little push and I'm switching to Oceanic...go ahead somebody give me a reason.