bad test kits

jktenpro

I just received new Salifert test kits. My old ph test kit(which I still have) is testing 8.2 in both of my tanks and a fresh patch of reef crystals. My new ph kit(batch#0307-b) is testing 7.8(new kit and 6 drops and old 5). I verified these tests with Am Pharm and Hagen, and the old ph kit is correct.
I also have had low alkalinity with my current test kit from Salifert(about 9 months old) and have been dosing. My new test kit reads 2dkh higher(almost 10dkh) and I had this kit verified at the LFS which agreed with the new one. I have a FOWLR and wondered why I needed to add buffer as much as I have been, now I know why, darn kit. Calcium and alk have stabilized.
Has anyone had this happen with these 2 kits, and they are both well within expiration dates.

92protruck

YES. I had same exact issue with both kits. I have never had a replacement Salifert pH kit that was the same as the previous so I eliminated testing for pH and got a pH probe. My new Alk test showed 11.8 dkh vs. my old kit of 8.6. I was disappointed after reading all the hype about salifert test kits.