Bak-Pak skimmer help

kcobain111

Hello i got my backpack skimmer today and was wondering if the colection cup on top is supposed to be sealed with the gasket they give you. It seems the corncers are not sealed. Anyone know what i'm saying? heh Thanks to any reply's

binhzino

Originally Posted by kcobain111
Hello i got my backpack skimmer today and was wondering if the colection cup on top is supposed to be sealed with the gasket they give you. It seems the corncers are not sealed. Anyone know what i'm saying? heh Thanks to any reply's
No its not suppose to be sealed. You remove the top off so you can empty the collection cup and clean it.

gfk

i just got it, what its supposed to do, is you put that rubber gasket around the outside, and it sits on it, and can be adjusted. you want to have it at a level where the bottom of the collection cup tube is just under the water, mine is like 1/3 of an inch or so, i believe it tells you in the directions, if that doesnt help let me know and i can take a picture

kcobain111

So is it the more bubbles the better? I have mine set up according to directions but there's no bubbles on the media side. Is there even supposed to be and how long before there's something in the cup? Thanks for the help

annanymous

there should be na air valve adjuster. just twist it a bit [it lets more air into the system] and the bubles will start comming

gfk

mine didnt come with an adjuster but i had one from a powerhead.... it only makes bubbles when the air tube is connected and fully opened. it makes noise though so i open it during the day and close it at night stopping the bubble making. and yes there should be bubbles coming out of the top of the collection cup tube into the collection cup.