bakpak 2

polka

Recently replaced worn out skilter with bakpak. Since then water doesn't seem as crystal clear. Posted this question earlier and someone (sorry can't remember who) said I should add carbon. Any clue as to how to do this? I am tempted to try to sell this thing and go back to a skilter. I think my water was in better condition.

polka

It's official I lost one of my new marron clowns. Been doing alot of thinking and Someone needs to tell me if I am going nuts or if I'm right. Here it goes:
40 f* o----two power heads

[hr]
new bakpak2-
crushed coral sub

[hr]
no l* r

[hr]
water readings: ph 8.0, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate .40 (always is), salinity .022. Now for the idea. I had a skilter 250 in my tank for approx 1 year. It needed to be replaced and was talked into by lfs to buy the bakpak2. Now water is cloudy and I have lost total 2 clowns, 1 hawk, 1 wrasse. this makes me think it's the bakpak because 1 clown, the hawk and the wrasse were with me from 8 months to a year. One by one they have left. WHY! Should I try to return the bakpak and replace with skilter? I don't want to lose anymore fish. If it was the water wouldn't the readings show it? Mr. Salty suggested adding carbon (which I had in the skilter) how do I add to bakpak?