bakpak2

polka

I have a bakpak 2 with the preskimmer attachment. My question is this....should the water in the preskimming chamber be relativley low or should it be about the same level as the tank water. I have it approx. 3* 4 in below the water line (I'm talking about the shortest side). I could'nt find any info in the directions and it seems to me that the water level inside was lower than it is now. I tried to clean the rio, but it didn'nt seem to have any thing wrong with it. Just curious. Thank you!

polka

Still waiting for anyone to respond and I have more information. Now it seems that the one end of the tank (the end with the cpr) has a little bit of stuff on the water's surface. Should I change the rio pump, possibly a stronger one?

polka

Thanks for the information. I will keep an eye on the level. I do have a powerhead toward top of water for rippling and one toward the middle and center for circ. I do get quite a bit of junk out of the tank and my water has finally cleaned up. I am looking into a couple of cleaner shrimp and a few crabs. Thanks for your input.